a) There is created a Homeless Person's Bill of Rights to guarantee that the rights, privacy and property of homeless persons are adequately safeguarded and protected under the laws of the state. The rights afforded homeless person's to ensure that their person, privacy and property are safeguarded and protected, as set forth in subsection (b) of this section, are available only insofar as they are implemented in accordance with other parts of the general statues, state rules and regulations, federal law, the state Constitution and the U.S. Constitution. For purposes of this section, "homeless person" means any person who does not have a fixed or regular residence and who may live on the street or outdoors, or in a homeless shelter or another temporary residence.
b) Each homeless person in this state has the right to:
1.Has the right to use and move freely, rest, sleep, and pray in public spaces, without discrimination, harassment, or intimidation from law enforcement officers in the same manner as other persons;
2. Right to occupy a legally parked vehicle;
3. Right to serve food and be served food in public;
4. Have equal opportunities for employment;
5. Receive emergency medical care;
6. Register to vote and to vote;
7. Have personal information protected;
8. Have a reasonable expectation of privacy in his or her personal property in the same extent as personal property to the same extent as personal property in a permanent residence; and
9. Receive equal treatment by state and municipal agencies.
c) The municipality shall post in the usual location for municipal notices a notice entitled "Homeless Person's Bill of Rights" that contains the text set forth in subsection (b) of this section.